Advances in the field of orthodontics provide you with more options to straighten your teeth than ever before. While traditional metal braces remain a popular treatment method, they aren't right for everyone. If you prefer a more discreet option that won't require you to spend a year or two with a "mouth full of metal," then you may want to consider Invisalign® as an alternative to traditional braces.
Invisalign straightens your teeth using a series of clear, removable plastic aligners. The aligners are custom made by the Invisalign lab, ensuring that they fit your teeth properly and address your unique orthodontic issues. Each aligner is worn for two weeks. You will then move onto the next aligner in the series, repeating this process until you've completed the treatment. At this point, you'll be able to enjoy a straight, beautiful smile.
Invisalign offers a variety of benefits compared to traditional braces:
- Discreet: The clear plastic aligners are virtually undetectable by others, making them a more attractive option than metal braces which can often be a source of self-consciousness.
- Removable: Many foods will get stuck in the wires of braces. When you choose Invisalign, you can remove your aligners when you eat, allowing you to enjoy all of your favorite foods. You can also remove the aligners when you brush and floss, making it easier to maintain optimal levels of oral hygiene. Keep in mind that to achieve maximum effectiveness, you should wear your aligners at least 22 hours a day.
- Improved comfort: Invisalign aligners are made of a plastic material that has smooth edges which won't irritate your teeth and gums the way the brackets and wires of braces often do.
- Customized procedure: Detailed 3D digital impressions of your teeth are taken in the initial phase of the Invisalign process. These impressions are used by the lab to craft a customized set of aligners that will address your unique bite alignment issues.
- Fewer office visits: Metal braces require regular office visits in order to tighten the wires. With Invisalign, you simply move to the next aligner every two weeks, reducing the need for these regular office visits. You'll only need to come to our office once every 4-6 weeks for a checkup.
It's important to understand that Invisalign is most effective at correcting mild to moderate orthodontic issues. If you have a more serious bite alignment problem, our dentists may recommend traditional braces in order to achieve your desired results.
If you'd like to find out whether Invisalign is right for you, please contact Pinnacle Dental Aesthetics using the form on this page or call 781-843-7905 today to schedule a consultation. We serve patients in Boston, Braintree, Quincy and the surrounding areas of Massachusetts.