Because temporomandibular joint disorder, also known as TMJ/TMD, and its associated headaches are caused by bite and jaw alignment issues, the experienced neuromuscular dentists at Pinnacle Dental Aesthetics will strive to correct the underlying alignment concerns with our South Shore patients.
Every TMJ case is different, and every patient with TMJ headaches will be treated according to their unique needs. However, bite and jaw alignment issues leading to muscle tension and headaches can usually be addressed with one of the following treatments:
- A custom orthotic (mouthguard-like device) that will align your teeth and keep your jaw in a relaxed position
- A plastic appliance worn during sleep to prevent grinding or clenching
- Using Invisalign® or other orthodontic treatments to correct alignment issues
- Possible tooth modification, also known as recontouring
- Restoring teeth in an optimal bite position
These treatments will get at the root causes of your TMJ headaches and give you a sound foundation for future health.
Our neuromuscular dentists (trained at the prestigious Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies) will make sure you get the treatment that is right for you.
If you’re a resident of the South Shore region of Massachusetts and you’re suffering from headaches you think might be caused by TMJ, please contact Pinnacle Dental Aesthetics today.